Saturday, March 7, 2015

Random Ranking: Oscar Songs

We were listening to Glory on the way to seeing a movie tonight--Hot Tub Time Machine 2, and I realized that this might be my favorite Oscar-winning song ever.  I had to check out a list and see where it stands on my top five:

  1. Glory
  2. Streets of Philadelphia (Neil Young's song, also nominated, for this movie is seriously underrated).
  3. Chim Chim Cher-ee ... because any Mary Poppins song has to be near the top for historical reasons (got our family through toddler surgery).
  4. Jai Ho
  5. I Just Called to Say I Love You
Live and Let Die would be number one but it didn't win--just nominated, losing to The Way We Were.  Glory may be at the top due to recency bias, but  I doubt that any previous Oscar winning song was as moving with the possible exception of either of the two songs from Philadelphia.

No comments: