Friday, October 24, 2014

AMA Deja Vu

Yesterday, I did a reddit Ask Me Anything for a second time.  This one was supposed to focus on Canada and Iraq, and mostly did so.  Too much so, perhaps as it was more on the Iraq end of things where my expertise is less and not so much on the stuff shaping Canada's positions (where I feel a bit more comfortable.

No horse-duck vs. duck horse question, but I was asked:
"Who would be a better Prime Minister: HAL9000 or Skynet?"  My answer was two-fold:
a) Whichever one could be unplugged (although Mrs. Spew said HAL was better as long as he was not threatened with unplugging).
b) I went with a third candidate: Joshua, from Wargames.  It had a learning curve--the only way to win is not to play either tic tac toe or Global Thermonuclear War.

Anyhow, check out the transcript.

No comments: